Recent Business Investments
These business investments have made a significant impact on the region, creating a number of jobs.
Recent Business Investments in the Greater Rochester, New York Region
DOING BUSINESS HERE
Connecting Your Business With The Resources
Learn More About Our Client-Driven Project Management Resources.
Photo credit: Commercial Sites & Buildings: HP Hood. Talent: Matt Wittmeyer. Living Here: Ryan Moore.
Detailed statistical, comparative, and industry-specific information
Assistance with workforce recruitment and training needs
Research and identify potential sites and buildings
Detailed information about living in Rochester, NY
More Recent Business Investments in the Greater Rochester, New York Region
- 270 On East270 On East, a new, workforce/affordable housing community for individuals and families in Rochester is a 5-story, 112-unit apartment complex located on the active corner … Continued
- 3 City CenterCentrally located in Downtown Rochester, NY, 3 City Center- guided by its partners Peter Landers, Robert Morgan, Robert Sands and John “Dutch” Summers- is a … Continued
- American PackagingAmerican Packaging Corporation is one of the leading flexible packaging converters in North America and supports several industries including dry foods, fresh produce, refrigerated dairy … Continued
- Best Made ProductsBestmade Products Inc. sells residential aluminum boat docks directly to consumers, notably specializing in single-installation docks. The manufacturer recently announced its expansion plans in the … Continued
- Butler/TillThe new headquarters for Butler-Till, an innovative marketing and communications agency, at 260 East Broad Street is easily one of the coolest spaces in all … Continued
- C&M Forwarding CompanyC&M Forwarding Company is an asset-based domestic freight forwarder/warehouse provider that is privately owned and based in Rochester, NY. They have been providing on-time, reliable … Continued
- CooperVisionCooperVision, the second largest contact lens manufacturer in the world, plans to invest $62 million and create 170 new jobs in the Greater Rochester, NY … Continued
- Corning IncorporatedCorning Incorporated announced plans to invest $139M and create 270 new jobs at its Fairport, NY facility in the Greater Rochester, NY region. Corning plans to … Continued
- DoorDashIn 2021, Flaum Management purchased a vacant 20,000 sf industrial building located at 4 Champeney Terrace, right next to the Public Market, an up-and-coming neighborhood. … Continued
- DSS Premier PackagingFor over 25 years, Premier Packaging has provided customers with a range of products and services including package design, prototyping, manufacturing, inventory management programs, and … Continued
- Eastman Kodak CompanyKodak’s storied coating capability is being used to develop energy storage devices ranging from lithium-ion batteries to fuel cells and new, more efficient solar panels. … Continued
- ESL Global Cybersecurity Institute at RITThe ESL Global Cybersecurity Institute at the Rochester Institute of Technology is an advanced space to train cybersecurity professionals, develop new cybersecurity and AI-based knowledge … Continued
- First American Equipment FinanceFirst American Equipment Finance, one of the country’s largest and most respected equipment finance companies, worked with The Rainaldi Brothers to develop a 150,000 square … Continued
- HP HoodHP Hood, LLC purchased a 363,000 sq. ft. plant at the Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park in Batavia, NY. The company invested more than $200 million … Continued
- IEC ElectronicsIEC Electronics Corporation invested more than $20 million to relocate and construct a new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, Wayne County. The electronic manufacturing solutions provider … Continued
- Innovation SquareInnovation Square is a modern office tower in downtown Rochester, NY with 580,000 sq ft of available space. This building, owned and managed by Gallina … Continued
- Lawley InsuranceLawley Insurance expanded its operations at a new site at 441 East Avenue in Rochester NY. The company recently move into its 14,400 square foot … Continued
- OptimaxOptimax Systems, Inc. continues to grow in the Greater Rochester, NY region, fueled by demand for photonics applications in semiconductor manufacturing equipment, optics for space and astronomy, and high-end … Continued
- OroliaOrolia is a global leader in resilient positioning, navigation, and timing solutions, operating in 100 countries across five continents. From space-based atomic clocks to emergency … Continued
- PACE ElectronicsPace Electronics is an electronics contract manufacturer that recently expanded in Wayne County of Greater Rochester, NY region. Pace teamed with regional commercial General Contractor, … Continued
- Plug PowerPlug Power, the leading provider of fuel cell technologies, is investing $125 million to support its Innovation Center in Rochester, NY — the first and largest … Continued
- ProAmpac Collaboration and Innovation CenterProAmpac, a leading flexible packaging manufacturer, built a 25,000 square foot addition to its existing facility in Ogden, NY, to support a state-of-the-art Collaboration and … Continued
- Sands – Constellation Center for Critical CareThe new $260 million, 330,000 sq. ft. Sands- Constellation Center for Critical Care addition for the Rochester Regional Health System, designed by CPL, raised the … Continued
- Sweet FarmSweet Farm is the first non-profit sanctuary in the world to address the global climate impacts of factory farming across animals, the plants, and the planet. … Continued
- Tower 280Buckingham Properties took special care when renovating the site formerly known as Midtown Plaza. Now a prominent staple in the Rochester City skyline, the 17 … Continued
Thank You To Our Investors
Rochester has a great work base. They’re loyal. They’re smart. They’re well educated and they want to succeed.
Executive Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak
We keep and maintain and are investing specifically in Rochester because that is where the talent is. We don’t succeed without the right talent.
Vice President and General Manager, Corning Incorporated
Rochester has the manufacturing capability, testing capability, and intellectual horsepower.
Past Chairman, NY BEST
Rochester has a deep talent pool around all of the things that we need to do to commercialize advanced materials for the energy economy.
Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Ionomr
The decision to expand locally was a relatively easy one for CooperVision. The Rochester area has provided so many of the elements necessary for a successful operation.
This region has some of the top universities in the Northeast as well as community colleges and business support from the local and state leadership levels to achieve any amount of growth the business would need.
Vice President, Operations, Communications Systems / L3Harris Technologies
Rochester is home to some of the finest optics companies in the nation, almost all of which OptiPro does business with.
We have a long history of people skilled in aerospace technology and precision optical assembly. We take advantage of the industrial base in the Rochester area. We also take advantage of the skill sets developed by our local technical institutions like MCC, RIT, or the University of Rochester.”
Cryogenic Optical Test Director for James Webb Space Telescope, L3 Harris
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalleled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Insititute of Technology
Once people get here and their families get used to short commute times, low home prices, the fact we have all kinds of recreational sporting activities, the quality of schools, they don’t want to leave.
CEO and Chairman, Sweetwater Energy
Rochester has provided ID Signsystems with the ability to grow and develop by tapping into the region’s large pool of design-focused talent, technicians, engineers and sign makers.
President, ID Signsystems
Our network of local universities, colleges, and optics companies has created a workforce pipeline that is unmatched anywhere in the United States.
GRE’s direction and guidance proved to be well worth our investment. Their passion to make the business environment in the Rochester area greater is very apparent.
There is unlimited, untapped technical talent in the area and I hope we start a wave of other companies moving to Rochester.
Rochester has a long history of being a hub for telecommunications. There is a rich ecosystem of talent and services to support business growth.
Founder and CEO, Wire3
Rochester is the perfect size city to get business done. I’m always one connection away from anything I’m looking for.
President, Kink BMX
The work we’ve done and the momentum we’ve generated as a business has been possible in large part because of the talent, knowledge and industriousness of our people in Rochester, NY.
CEO, Brand Networks
We have access to talent graduating from our businesses and technical institutions capable of perpetuating our success for years to come.
President & CEO, Simcona Electronics
The Rochester region provided convenient access to both railroads and major highways, as well as proximity to Barilla’s customer base in the Northeast.
Vice President of Supply Chain, Barilla America
Rochester has an excellent pool of qualified professionals with the right work ethic.
Health Services President and General Manager, Maximus
The country is starting to recognize Rochester as a technical city outside of just software. We have optics and manufacturing that’s exceeding most of the baselines around the country.
Rochester has the resources optics companies need to transform their concepts into reality.
Dr. Duncan T. Moore
Vice Provost for Entrepreneurship and Professor of Optical Engineering
Rochester has a great base of intellectual capital in the science and technology fields at local businesses and universities.
Daniel J. Burns
Regional President, M&T Bank Corporation
We’ve developed vaccines to prevent cervical cancer right here in Rochester.
Vice President and COO, University of Rochester Medical Center
Among many great options, none could match Rochester in terms of talent, local supplier networks, and opportunities to partner with top-tier research institutions.
CEO, Plug Power