- GRE Receives 2023 Excellence in Economic Development Gold Award from the International Economic Development CouncilGRE’s award-winning program supports the growth of second-stage companies in the Greater Rochester, NY region Rochester, NY – Greater Rochester Enterprise (GRE) received a 2023 … Continued
- GRE 2023 Year to Date Update: On Pace for Record Year of Business Growth$1.2 Billion of Announced Investment Committed to Business Growth in the Greater Rochester, NY Region. Entering June 2023, GRE has secured project wins from 15 … Continued
- GRE Estimates $190 Million Economic Impact from 2023 PGA ChampionshipGolf’s second major championship of the season is coming to the Greater Rochester, NY region this May when Oak Hill Country Club hosts the 105th … Continued
- Businesses are Doubling Down on Growth in the Greater Rochester, NY regionGreater Rochester Enterprise (GRE), the lead champion of business growth throughout the Greater Rochester, NY region, is proud to report seven project wins thus far … Continued
- GRE Reports Another Record Year of Economic Development ResultsThe Greater Rochester Enterprise (GRE) team secured 40 separate company project wins in 2022, representing more than $1.2 billion of new capital investments, 3,866 new … Continued
- JCS and UltraPhil Expand in Rochester, NY- Enhance Greater Rochester Region’s Food and Beverage Manufacturing EcosystemEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that food and beverage engineering and consulting company JCS Controls Inc. is expanding its Monroe County operations, committing to … Continued
- Grow-NY Food and Agriculture Business Competition Winners AnnouncedGovernor Kathy Hochul announced Hypercell Technologies, of Peachtree Corners, Georgia as the grand-prize winner of this year’s Grow-NY business competition, a startup challenge focused on … Continued
- HP Hood to Grow Operations in Genesee CountyEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that dairy product manufacturer HP Hood will grow its operations in Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park. The project will include … Continued
- AMD to establish state-of-the-art research and design facility in Monroe CountyGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced that AMD, a California-based designer of high-performance semiconductors, has chosen to grow its next generation technology business in New York … Continued
- The Coca-Cola Company to Build $650 Million fairlife Production Facility in Monroe CountyGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced that The Coca-Cola Company has selected New York State for its preferred location for a new fairlife production facility. The … Continued
- Karma Sauce Company will Grow Operations in Monroe and Ontario CountiesEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that farm-to-table hot sauce and condiments producer, The Karma Sauce Company, is ready to grow its manufacturing operations in … Continued
GRE Radio Podcasts
Stay fresh on what businesses are bringing to the Greater Rochester, NY region in our newest Make Your Mark audio episodes with iHeart Radio’s WHAM1180. Listen in each week to see the types of innovation, talent, and economic developments our great area is experiencing.
GRE’s Why Roc TV Interviews on News 8
- JCS & UltraPhil are growing in the Greater Rochester, NY regionTalent, R&D Assets, and innovations prompted these companies to grow in the region Greg Frechette and John Eaton join us for this Why Roc segment … Continued
- Fifth Annual Roc Holiday Village Begins December 1Seventeen Days of Magical Holiday Experiences in Downtown Rochester Free ice skating, live music, and unique shopping opportunities are part of this year’s Roc Holiday … Continued
- Mosaic Microsystems Lands Phase II Small Business Innovation Research ContractMosaic Microsystem, an important player in Rochester, NY’s semiconductor ecosystem, secures federal contract Mosaic Microsystems, a pioneer in advanced microelectronic packaging for the semiconductor industry, … Continued
- EV Charge Solutions Predicts 30% Annual Growth in Electric Vehicle IndustryRochester, NY is Emerging as a Hub for Companies in the Electric Vehicle Industry Talent, metal manufacturing expertise, and legacy assets from companies such as … Continued
- Debut of Hoochenanny Whiskey Festival in Livingston CountyEvent set for October 20-21 at Geneseo Village Park Iron Smoke Distillery’s Tommy Brunett is the chief trailblazer behind the premier Hoochenanny Whiskey Festival set … Continued
- Luminate $1 Million Winner Will Leverage Rochester’s Optics Industry Assets to GrowRochester, NY’s Optics Assets are Unmatched in the Industry “If you are going to build an optics company, there is no better place than right … Continued
Get Real Results in the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Looking for top-tier talent, leading-edge innovation, a strategic location, and a low cost of doing business? Get real – in the Greater Rochester, NY region. The reality is, the Greater Rochester, NY region has it all. Real talent, real access to markets without major market costs and real opportunity.
Sign up to stay in touch!
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Companies choose the Greater Rochester, NY region to do business because of our high caliber workforce, exceptional quality of life, top-ranked colleges and universities, and supportive community that nurtures success.
Listed below are a number of case studies of businesses succeeding in the Greater Rochester, NY region.
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Institute of Technology
You know your business.
We know Greater Rochester.
Let’s team up.
Thank You To Our Investors
Rochester has a great work base. They’re loyal. They’re smart. They’re well educated and they want to succeed.
Executive Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak
We keep and maintain and are investing specifically in Rochester because that is where the talent is. We don’t succeed without the right talent.
Vice President and General Manager, Corning Incorporated
Rochester has the manufacturing capability, testing capability, and intellectual horsepower.
Past Chairman, NY BEST
Rochester has a deep talent pool around all of the things that we need to do to commercialize advanced materials for the energy economy.
Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Ionomr
The decision to expand locally was a relatively easy one for CooperVision. The Rochester area has provided so many of the elements necessary for a successful operation.
The proximity to top colleges and industry-leading companies, in addition to the quality of life in Western New York, made the decision to open our second office in Rochester an easy one.
Director, Security Risk Advisors
Rochester is home to some of the finest optics companies in the nation, almost all of which OptiPro does business with.
We have a long history of people skilled in aerospace technology and precision optical assembly. We take advantage of the industrial base in the Rochester area. We also take advantage of the skill sets developed by our local technical institutions like MCC, RIT, or the University of Rochester.”
Cryogenic Optical Test Director for James Webb Space Telescope, L3 Harris
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalleled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Insititute of Technology
Once people get here and their families get used to short commute times, low home prices, the fact we have all kinds of recreational sporting activities, the quality of schools, they don’t want to leave.
CEO and Chairman, Sweetwater Energy
Rochester has provided ID Signsystems with the ability to grow and develop by tapping into the region’s large pool of design-focused talent, technicians, engineers and sign makers.
President, ID Signsystems
Our network of local universities, colleges, and optics companies has created a workforce pipeline that is unmatched anywhere in the United States.
GRE’s direction and guidance proved to be well worth our investment. Their passion to make the business environment in the Rochester area greater is very apparent.
There is unlimited, untapped technical talent in the area and I hope we start a wave of other companies moving to Rochester.
Rochester has a long history of being a hub for telecommunications. There is a rich ecosystem of talent and services to support business growth.
Founder and CEO, Wire3
Rochester is the perfect size city to get business done. I’m always one connection away from anything I’m looking for.
President, Kink BMX
The work we’ve done and the momentum we’ve generated as a business has been possible in large part because of the talent, knowledge and industriousness of our people in Rochester, NY.
CEO, Brand Networks
We have access to talent graduating from our businesses and technical institutions capable of perpetuating our success for years to come.
President & CEO, Simcona Electronics
The Rochester region provided convenient access to both railroads and major highways, as well as proximity to Barilla’s customer base in the Northeast.
Vice President of Supply Chain, Barilla America
We’re excited about this area. There’s high-quality milk in the region. There’s a lot of top talent. The industry, the innovation, the technical experience , the work ethic is all attractive to us.
Vice President of Manufacturing, fairlife
The country is starting to recognize Rochester as a technical city outside of just software. We have optics and manufacturing that’s exceeding most of the baselines around the country.
Rochester has the resources optics companies need to transform their concepts into reality.
Dr. Duncan T. Moore
Vice Provost for Entrepreneurship and Professor of Optical Engineering
Rochester has a great base of intellectual capital in the science and technology fields at local businesses and universities.
Daniel J. Burns
Regional President, M&T Bank Corporation
We’ve developed vaccines to prevent cervical cancer right here in Rochester.
Vice President and COO, University of Rochester Medical Center
Among many great options, none could match Rochester in terms of talent, local supplier networks, and opportunities to partner with top-tier research institutions.
CEO, Plug Power