- GRE February 2022 E-NewsGreater Rochester Enterprise (GRE) reports four business growth project wins already in 2022. Precision Optical Transceivers, Baldwin Richardson Foods, Ionomr Innovations, and Sydor Optics announced … Continued
- OWL AI to Create up to 105 High Tech Jobs in Monroe CountyGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced that Luminate New York alum OWL AI will expand its operations in Monroe County in the Town of Perinton, committing to … Continued
- Corning Incorporated to Invest $139M in Rochester, NYGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced support for Corning Incorporated’s investment to grow its operations in Western New York. The company will expand operations at two … Continued
- Premier Packaging Corporation Opens New Manufacturing Facility in Rochester, NYEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that Premier Packaging Corporation has officially opened a 105,000 square-foot, newly constructed, manufacturing facility in Wiregrass Business Park in … Continued
- Ocean Insight to Expand in Monroe County and Create up to 100 New JobsGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced that Ocean Insight, a spectroscopic systems developer and manufacturer, is ready to expand its Monroe County operations and committing to … Continued
- CooperVision will Invest $62 Million to Expand Operations at Two Monroe County Locations and Create More than 170 JobsGovernor Kathy Hochul today announced that CooperVision will expand operations at two separate locations in Monroe County, creating to up to 173 new jobs. Citing … Continued
- Optimax Systems, Inc. will Expand Operations Again in Wayne CountyEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that optics manufacturer Optimax Systems Inc., located in the Town of Ontario, Wayne County, is again expanding its operations. … Continued
Get Real Radio Podcasts
Stay fresh on what businesses are bringing to the Greater Rochester, NY region in our newest Get Real audio episodes with iHeart Radio’s WHAM1180. Listen in each week to see the types of innovation, talent, and economic developments our great area is experiencing.
GRE’s Why Roc TV Interviews on News 8
- New Energy Works Creates Unique, Sustainable Buildings in Greater Rochester< New Energy Works Designs Unique, Sustainable Buildings in Greater Rochester, NY region New Energy Works is growing in the Greater Rochester, NY region. This … Continued
- The New MCC FWD Center Offers Training for Tech-Oriented Careers< MCC’s New FWD Center Offers Training for Tech-Oriented Careers Monroe Community College’s FWD Center is a workforce development training initiative designed t lift up … Continued
- V Technical Textiles Growing in Newark< V Technical Textiles is a leader in the $50 billion specialty fabrics industry V Technical Textiles produces specialty fabrics to support a wide range … Continued
- GRE Celebrates its 20th Anniversary< GRE Celebrates 20 Years of Supporting Business Growth in the Greater Rochester, NY Region Matt Hurlbutt, Greater Rochester Enterprise’s president and CEO, discusses the … Continued
- RIT Certified Addresses Skills Gap< RIT Will Create New Workforce Training and Development Programs RIT Certified will create new workforce training and development programs for the evolving job market. … Continued
- What is new at the 2022 Rochester International Jazz Festival< Headliners to perform free shows at this year’s Rochester Jazz Festival. This year’s Rochester Jazz Festival deliver more than 325 performances, including 130 free … Continued
Get Real Results in the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Looking for top-tier talent, leading-edge innovation, a strategic location, and a low cost of doing business? Get real – in the Greater Rochester, NY region. The reality is, the Greater Rochester, NY region has it all. Real talent, real access to markets without major market costs and real opportunity.
Sign up to stay in touch!
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Companies choose the Greater Rochester, NY region to do business because of our high caliber workforce, exceptional quality of life, top-ranked colleges and universities, and supportive community that nurtures success.
Listed below are a number of case studies of businesses succeeding in the Greater Rochester, NY region.
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Institute of Technology
You know your business.
We know Greater Rochester.
Let’s team up.
Thank You To Our Investors
We keep and maintain and are investing specifically in Rochester because that is where the talent is. We don’t succeed without the right talent.
Vice President and General Manager, Corning Advanced Optics
Rochester has the manufacturing capability, testing capability, and intellectual horsepower.
Past Chairman, NY BEST
Rochester has a deep talent pool around all of the things that we need to do to commercialize advanced materials for the energy economy.
Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Ionomr
The decision to expand locally was a relatively easy one for CooperVision. The Rochester area has provided so many of the elements necessary for a successful operation.
This region has some of the top universities in the Northeast as well as community colleges and business support from the local and state leadership levels to achieve any amount of growth the business would need.
Vice President, Operations, Communications Systems / L3Harris Technologies
Rochester is home to some of the finest optics companies in the nation, almost all of which OptiPro does business with.
We have a long history of people skilled in aerospace technology and precision optical assembly. We take advantage of the industrial base in the Rochester area. We also take advantage of the skill sets developed by our local technical institutions like MCC, RIT, or the University of Rochester.”
Cryogenic Optical Test Director for James Webb Space Telescope, L3 Harris
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalleled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Insititute of Technology
Once people get here and their families get used to short commute times, low home prices, the fact we have all kinds of recreational sporting activities, the quality of schools, they don’t want to leave.
CEO and Chairman, Sweetwater Energy
Rochester has provided ID Signsystems with the ability to grow and develop by tapping into the region’s large pool of design-focused talent, technicians, engineers and sign makers.
President, ID Signsystems
Our network of local universities, colleges, and optics companies has created a workforce pipeline that is unmatched anywhere in the United States.
GRE’s direction and guidance proved to be well worth our investment. Their passion to make the business environment in the Rochester area greater is very apparent.
There is unlimited, untapped technical talent in the area and I hope we start a wave of other companies moving to Rochester.
Rochester has a long history of being a hub for telecommunications. There is a rich ecosystem of talent and services to support business growth.
Founder and CEO, Wire3
Rochester is the perfect size city to get business done. I’m always one connection away from anything I’m looking for.
President, Kink BMX
The work we’ve done and the momentum we’ve generated as a business has been possible in large part because of the talent, knowledge and industriousness of our people in Rochester, NY.
CEO, Brand Networks
We have access to talent graduating from our businesses and technical institutions capable of perpetuating our success for years to come.
President & CEO, Simcona Electronics
The Rochester region provided convenient access to both railroads and major highways, as well as proximity to Barilla’s customer base in the Northeast.
Vice President of Supply Chain, Barilla America
Rochester has an excellent pool of qualified professionals with the right work ethic.
Health Services President and General Manager, Maximus
The country is starting to recognize Rochester as a technical city outside of just software. We have optics and manufacturing that’s exceeding most of the baselines around the country.
Rochester has the resources optics companies need to transform their concepts into reality.
Dr. Duncan T. Moore
Vice Provost for Entrepreneurship and Professor of Optical Engineering
Rochester has a great base of intellectual capital in the science and technology fields at local businesses and universities.
Daniel J. Burns
Regional President, M&T Bank Corporation
We’ve developed vaccines to prevent cervical cancer right here in Rochester.
Vice President and COO, University of Rochester Medical Center
Among many great options, none could match Rochester in terms of talent, local supplier networks, and opportunities to partner with top-tier research institutions.
CEO, Plug Power