- COVID-19 Related Business ResourcesGRE is gathering some of the latest, most relevant information and resources available for businesses in our region. The situation sparked by COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is … Continued
- ProAmpac Opens Collaboration and Innovation Center in Monroe CountyEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that leading flexible packaging manufacturer ProAmpac has officially opened its state-of-the-art Collaboration & Innovation center in the Town of … Continued
- Assured Edge Solutions to Expand Operations at Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park in Geneva, NYEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that Assured Edge Solutions plans to grow its manufacturing operations at the Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park in … Continued
- Application Window Open for Round III of $3 Million Grow-NY Food and Agriculture Business CompetitionEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that the application window for the 2021 Grow-NY business competition is now open and is accepting submissions. Grow-NY, an … Continued
- Premier Packaging Corporation will Expand Operations and Create Nearly 40 New Jobs in Rochester, NYEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that Premier Packaging Corporation, having outgrown its current space, will move into a 105,000 square-foot, newly constructed facility located … Continued
- Carestreams Will Expand Film Finishing Operations in Rochester, NY, Creating up to 70 New JobsEmpire State Development (ESD) today announced that medical imaging systems and non-destructive testing company Carestream will expand its film finishing operations at Eastman Business Park … Continued
- ABX Innovative Packaging Solutions to Expand Operations in Wayne CountyEmpire State Development (ESD) and the New York Power Authority (NYPA) today announced that flexible packaging firm ABX Innovative Packaging Solutions (ABX) is growing its … Continued
Get Real Radio Podcasts
Stay fresh on what businesses are bringing to the Greater Rochester, NY region in our newest Get Real audio episodes with iHeart Radio’s WHAM1180. Listen in each week to see the types of innovation, talent, and economic developments our great area is experiencing.
GRE’s Why Roc TV Interviews on News 8
- Corning Advanced Optics creating jobs in Rochester to meet semiconductor industry demandCorning Advanced Optics creating jobs to meet semiconductor industry demand Corning Advanced Optics is expanding and adding jobs in Rochester, NY to help address a … Continued
- Demand for Bausch + Lomb Contact Lens Drives Major Expansion in Rochester, NYDemand for Bausch + Lomb’s INFUSE Contact Lens Sparks Need for Expansion To meet current and future global demand for Bausch + Lomb’s new INFUSE … Continued
- MCC Offers Unique Associate Degree Program to Launch Careers in OpticsMCC Offers Unique Associate Degree Program to Launch Careers in Optics Monroe Community College is the only U.S. community college that offers an associate degree … Continued
- RIT Helps Fuel New Economy in RochesterPresident David Munson discusses the key role RIT plays in Rochester’s economic renaissance in this WROC TV Why Roc interview. “I think there have been a … Continued
- Rochester Clinical Research Conducts Clinical Trials to Improve Our HealthRochester Clinical Research is conducting clinical trials to support the development of the COVID-19 vaccine as well as better treatments for migraines, Lyme disease, and … Continued
- Ortho Clinical’s COVID-19 Tests Help People WorldwideOrtho Clinical Diagnostics has played a key role in helping people stay healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing fast, accurate, and reliable test results. … Continued
Get Real Results in the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Looking for top-tier talent, leading-edge innovation, a strategic location, and a low cost of doing business? Get real – in the Greater Rochester, NY region. The reality is, the Greater Rochester, NY region has it all. Real talent, real access to markets without major market costs and real opportunity.
Sign up to stay in touch!
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Companies choose the Greater Rochester, NY region to do business because of our high caliber workforce, exceptional quality of life, top-ranked colleges and universities, and supportive community that nurtures success.
Listed below are a number of case studies of businesses succeeding in the Greater Rochester, NY region.
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Institute of Technology
You know your business.
We know Greater Rochester.
Let’s team up.
Thank You To Our Investors
We keep and maintain and are investing specifically in Rochester because that is where the talent is. We don’t succeed without the right talent.
Vice President and General Manager, Corning Advanced Optics
Rochester has the manufacturing capability, testing capability, and intellectual horsepower.
Past Chairman, NY BEST
Rochester is home to some of the finest optics companies in the nation, almost all of which OptiPro does business with.
We have inherited an exceptional quality of life thanks to an impressive cluster of cultural organizations, unparalleled natural resources, and a resilient and welcoming spirit of community.
President, Rochester Insititute of Technology
Once people get here and their families get used to short commute times, low home prices, the fact we have all kinds of recreational sporting activities, the quality of schools, they don’t want to leave.
CEO and Chairman, Sweetwater Energy
Rochester has provided ID Signsystems with the ability to grow and develop by tapping into the region’s large pool of design-focused talent, technicians, engineers and sign makers.
President, ID Signsystems
GRE’s direction and guidance proved to be well worth our investment. Their passion to make the business environment in the Rochester area greater is very apparent.
There is unlimited, untapped technical talent in the area and I hope we start a wave of other companies moving to Rochester.
The level of talent, energy, and innovation here is second to none. We are proud to play a role in the growth and redevelopment of this technology corridor.
George E. Daddis, Jr. PhD
Vice President, Panasonic
Rochester is the perfect size city to get business done. I’m always one connection away from anything I’m looking for.
President, Kink BMX
The work we’ve done and the momentum we’ve generated as a business has been possible in large part because of the talent, knowledge and industriousness of our people in Rochester, NY.
CEO, Brand Networks
We have access to talent graduating from our businesses and technical institutions capable of perpetuating our success for years to come.
President & CEO, Simcona Electronics
The Rochester region provided convenient access to both railroads and major highways, as well as proximity to Barilla’s customer base in the Northeast.
Vice President of Supply Chain, Barilla America
Rochester has an excellent pool of qualified professionals with the right work ethic.
Health Services President and General Manager, Maximus
Rochester has the resources optics companies need to transform their concepts into reality.
Dr. Duncan T. Moore
Vice Provost for Entrepreneurship and Professor of Optical Engineering
Rochester has a great base of intellectual capital in the science and technology fields at local businesses and universities.
Daniel J. Burns
Regional President, M&T Bank Corporation
We’ve developed vaccines to prevent cervical cancer right here in Rochester.
Vice President and COO, University of Rochester Medical Center
Among many great options, none could match Rochester in terms of talent, local supplier networks, and opportunities to partner with top-tier research institutions.
CEO, Plug Power